I have been what…..?
Well damn… When I checked my mail this morning, I was not expecting this. As you all know my blog is quite small…heck I only have 10 followers and then to be nominated for an award?
Let’s throw a stone uh … I mean a thank you,- at the man who nominated me. Raistlin
It was because of Raistlin I actually starting writing a review blog. I had a normal blog, one of those travel journal/diary type of blog. But reading his reviews on various types of subjects (talk about versatile…) I decided to pick up the writing pen again. So a big ass thank you is in order…thank you for nominating me!
The Versatile Blogger Award
- Display award
- Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog)
- Share seven things about yourself
- Nominate bloggers of your choice
Seven things about myself
So…where to begin? What should I share about myself without making a fool of myself…
Truth is I don’t mind sharing things. I taught myself a long time ago not to be ashamed of things that I like or dislike. I mean there will always be people who judge you, heck I probably judge people too to a certain degree. But that should not stop you from being honest and open about yourself, unless it is something you simply don’t want to share with others such as traumatic past experiences. Even that is something I hardly talk about…
1. Introvert vs. Extrovert. So which one am I? Well, listen… I have always been an introvert. People who meet me for the first time will probably wonder if this is true, but I am. The reason why I say intro vs extro is because I know how to act like an extrovert and this is mainly because of my job. I teach High school kids. The teenagers with those alien brains which causes them to act so inhumane and confused at times. Learning how to become a teacher (sometimes it feels more like a talkshow host/drill sergeant…) I had to learn to create an extrovert shell because being an introvert caused teenagers to waltz all over me. This was most difficult and frankly a very frightning thing to teach myself. But it helps me function in the classroom and even sometimes in every day life.
2. (Overly) postive attitude. I am a very positive person. Sometimes people get really annoyed with this because they think I am not being realistic about a situation or that I have always lead a good life. Which is simply not true. A; I am extremely realistic, the difference being that I approach this in a different way. And B; As I said earlier, people should not be ashamed of things but sometimes you wish to keep things to yourself such as traumatic experiences. The latter being the reason why I am overly positive. I could have gone the other way, the darker path amd let the trauma destroy me. But I didn’t because that would mean they’d won and I value my life very much because of my past.
3. Insecure. It should not come as a surprise that I am insecure about a lot of things (because of my past). Especially the way I look and if I am good enough to be living the life I have now. Though I said that I am a positive person, that doesn’t mean I am a confident person. I need to be reminded by my boyfriend and friends that I am worth it all.
4. Fanfiction. Oh no, not another fanfiction writer… guilty as charged. I write fanfiction, even though my lat update was over a year ago…I have written some fanfiction. Harry Potter, Twilight (sorry) and the Walking Dead. The latter being quite succesful with over 1k reviews and over half a million readers and almost 1k followers to that 1 story I wrote (its not finished though) about the TV show. I am quite proud of that story though and it has helped a lot with my English.
5. Food. I love food. I love to cook, I would love to bake (I suck at baking unfortunately) and I love to eat. Okay before your mind starts to wander, I don’t snack. I don’t binge eat. I just love to try out new foods, create food, look at food and get inspired. I am a healthy eater with a sweet tooth yet I am thin. I think its because I don’t overeat and cook ftom satchets but make everything from scratch. My favourite food? SUSHI!
6. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I have an addiction, well not an addiction perse…but this tv series is a show I can watch over and over again wihout being bored. Even until this very day I havn’t fallen in love wih another tv series as much as this one. Sure others come close. Star Trek Deep space 9 for example or Seinfeld.
But this show is on my top list. You see when I got my first apartment, I was 18 and had no internet or cable for the first 6 months living on my own. So what did I do? I bought dvd’s and it was then that I bought the entire F.R.I.E.N.D.S Boxset and basically watched it on repeat…. for 6 months. Lol.
7. Fear. Lets talk fear for a second. I don’t fear that much in life anymore. I have a couple of irrational fears like…llama’s and swordfish. But one of them you may find odd as it is also a fear combined with irritation. I do not like being near famous people. Maybe this is am odd fear but let me explain. I don’t like being in the spotlight and famous people are constantly in the spotlight. For example, about 9 years ago I was at a festival, right up front at the performance of a band called Snow Patrol. The singer jumped off the stage and went into the crowd. Right next to me. A group of fangirls (also I don’t like fangirls/boys….all of that unecessary screaming…paying 50 bucks to get a picture with a celebrity…) rushed towards the man as I tried to run the other way. This is an example of me trying to avoid celebrities. I also tend to cross the street if I see a television crew near me. I don’t want to bother them and I don’t want them to bother me. Just keep a good distance between that world and mine.
I don’t have many followers nor am I following many blogs at the moment so this is quite tricky. If you have alread been nominated for this award…get ready to be nominated again! Of course you don’t have to do a post for this nomination, especially if you have already done one. Think of it that I really enjoy reading your awesome blog.