A harem? For me? Oh my…
Thank goodness it’s only a tag and not real life because a harem is just insane.
As for the tag…. Thank you Raistlin for tagging me! I appreciate you thought of me when you had to tag people who can build their own Harem!
Now time for a little secret. There was a time I watched a lot of reverse harem anime series. I’ve seen quite a few, yet I had to Google some of the terms used within in this tag.
So a Harem Anime is usually about a boy being the centre of attention for multiple female characters, the number can variate between 3 to sometimes even 12 (imagine having 12 women going crazy over you all at the same time). Sometimes the person even lives in the same house with said characters!
Then you have the Reverse Harem anime. Where a female is the object of affection for multiple men!
In this tag I will focus on (as the rule tag states) 5 male characters.
Without further ado… here are the rules!
- Link back to the original post on Anime Q and A so they can check out everyone’s picks!
- Use the ‘Build A Harem’ logo somewhere in the post.
- Make sure to mention the person who nominated you too!
- Pick 5 Anime Characters (any show & any gender) that would be in your ideal harem if you were the main character of a harem anime, explain a little bit as to why they are your picks (if you want).
- Make sure each character you pick falls into some of the following harem character types: Childhood friend, tom boy/girl, genki girl/boy, loli/shota, trap, tsundere, yandere, kuudere, dandere, etc. (If there’s a character you’ve picked that doesn’t specifically fall into one of these types or falls into multiple types that’s fine too!)
- Nominate 5 people to participate in this tag!
THE KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR – Oscar from Tenshi Angelique s.1
Oscar is the true romantic version we’ve all read about in stories when it comes to knights. He is respectful, flirtatious, honourable and ready to defend and protect you from harm! On a noble steed nonetheless (he actually rides a horse in the anime). Not to mention he is a redhead. I mean what is not to love about him?
THE CHILDHOOD FRIEND – Charlie Wong from Tenshi Anglique s.2
Charlie Wong is almost a bit like Oscar. He is polite, respectful, but where Oscar is a major flirt, Charlie is a gentlemen (with a dash of flirt). He listens to you, he knows your likes and dislikes and he becomes your best friend. It is like he has known you forever, which is what happens between him and the leading lady in the anime he is from. But unlike most stereotypical childhood friends, Charlie is the lucky one and manages to get out of the friend zone and into the love zone. Which is probably why he is my favourite as this is exactly what happened between me and my boyfriend. Best friends first and suddenly….well…you get the picture.
THE “SIGH, REALLY?” KUDERE TYPE – Saitou Hajime from hakuouki
Saitou, such a distant cold man at first but eventually he shows his true colours. He is a leader, tough and ready to defend those he cares for. He won’t come to your aid though unless he knows you really can’t get out yourself. If you fall he will leave you right where you are. But if you fall and are hurt, he will turn back and become the helpful loving man you knew was in there somewhere.
THE “I AM MAGNIFICENT” VS. “NO, WAIT I SUCK” TSUNDERE TYPE – Howl Jenkins Pendragon from Howl’s moving castle
Ah, my first anime crush. Aside from mamoru from Sailor moon…and Haku from Spirited Away *coughs*. Howl is a special one indeed. He believes himself to be magnificent and will not give you credit for anything (even if you did most of the work). He will call you foolish, childish, spoiled…basically all the things he is as well. But! Behind that tough exterior is a hurt man. A man who needs love, true love, someone to restore his heart. Once he knows you are the one to do this, he is all yours.
Aside from the fact when his hair turned orange and he had a nervous breakdown about it…so much of a breakdown he actually turnes into a pile of green slime (drama queen much?). His heart is in the right place and he will protect you for the rest of his life.
THE “RESERVED BUT POWERFUL” DANDERE TYPE – Kakashi from Naruto
What makes a man in a mask so incredibly sexy? I bet Kakashi knows, because he never leaves the house without it (or his bed, or his shower…). Kakashi is a strong man. Quiet and reserved. He will kill you if he has to, the man has done it before. Therefore Kakashi is a great example of a dandere. What makes him so desireable in my eyes? Well, his eyes for that matter, not to mention his overall physique, lean and strong like a man should look…instead of those ridiculous bodybuilder high on steroids and proteinshake people out there.
Furthermore Kakashie is honourable and will fight to save those dear to him, not to forget the man has a great sense of nonverbal humour. Let’s just hope he doesn’t wear the mask to hide his bad breath.
It is really difficult to nominate people for this tag who haven’t been nominated already. I shall do my best, but if you have already been nominated, my apologies!
- Thebookwormdrinketh – I really want to see you do this!
- Kawaiipaperpandas – yes, I want to know your picks too!
- Moe404 – I really hope you haven’t been tagged yet!
- The Animessenger – same goes for you!
- Chizure – you have been gone for a long time, but I still want to tag you for when the moment comes when you come back 🙂 hope all is well!